Friday, March 14, 2008

Hello and welcome

Hi Everyone,
I thought I'd introduce myself and talk about my blog. I've been in the high tech industry for 12 years. Just recently, I've been laid off for the 3rd time in 7 years. I know, that's not a great track record, but it is definitely more a sign of the times, as opposed to anything else.

Now I am faced with looking for a new job, and starting over in a new company. This wouldn't be so bad, but with my experience, I have become "over-qualified", or "too specialized", or "impressive, but not exactly what we need..."


As I look for employment, I started looking at ways normal people make money. I say normal, because engineers being as smart as we are, have a habit of making things overly difficult sometimes. Case in point, have you ever seen an on/off switch that has a picture of a line, or a circle with a line through it? What the hell does that mean? Who thought of that?

So while researching what other people do, I discovered that you can make money blogging. What? I can make money doing this? How? When? I should not spend so much time in my cubicle when I was working.

So with that, I am on a quest to make a million dollars while blogging. I am sure it has been done, but if we had that mentality, we wouldn't need to record music anymore since The Beatles have already written all the great songs and melodies.

I'll keep a tally on how I do and we'll see if I ever make it to that magical $1,000,000 target.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites